Explore, read and listen to Torah Portions at our new responsive website
This Week's Portion
Noach | נח | "Noah "
- Genesis 6:1 | The Wickedness of Humankind
- Genesis 6:9 | Noah Pleases God
- Genesis 7:1 | The Great Flood
- Genesis 8:1 | The Flood Subsides
- Genesis 8:20 | God's Promise to Noah
- Genesis 9:1 | The Covenant with Noah
- Genesis 9:18 | Noah and His Sons
- Genesis 10:1 | Nations Descended from Noah
- Genesis 11:1 | The Tower of Babel
- Genesis 11:10 | Descendants of Shem
- Genesis 11:27 | Descendants of Terah
- Isaiah 54:1 | The Eternal Covenant of Peace
- Isaiah 55:1 | An Invitation to Abundant Life
The second reading in the book of Genesis is named after Noah. In Hebrew, the name Noah is spelled Noach (נח). The word Noach is related to the Hebrew word for “rest.” Genesis 5:29 says that his parents named him Noah (Noach נח) because they hoped their son would give them rest (nacham, נחם) from their toil. The contents of section Noah tell the story of Noah’s flood, the tower of Babel and the beginning of the Abrahamic line.
Torah Portions Schedule
Download or Order our free Torah Portions reading schedules for 5778 (2017–18).
Online Audio Listening
The audio Bible listening services on this site is provided by Crossway Bibles Web Service. We now provide the listening service in MP3 format, and it is therefore compatible with iOS devices. If you experience any interruption in the Bible listening services, please try again later, unfortunately it is beyond the control of Torahportions.org.
Scripture quotations marked "ESV" are taken from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. Copyright ©2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved. Text provided by the Crossway Bibles Web Service.