This Week's Portion
Terumah | תרומה | "Heave offering "
- Exodus 25:1 | Offerings for the Tabernacle
- Exodus 25:10 | The Ark of the Covenant
- Exodus 25:23 | The Table for the Bread of the Presence
- Exodus 25:31 | The Lampstand
- Exodus 26:1 | The Tabernacle
- Exodus 26:15 | The Framework
- Exodus 26:31 | The Curtain
- Exodus 27:1 | The Altar of Burnt Offering
- Exodus 27:9 | The Court and Its Hangings
- 1Ki 5:1 | Preparations and Materials for the Temple
- 1Ki 6:1 | Solomon Builds the Temple
The nineteenth reading from the Torah is named Terumah (תרומה). In Exodus 25:2, the LORD commanded Moses to “tell the sons of Israel to [take] a contribution for Me.” The word translated as “contribution” is terumah (תרומה), which is the name of this Torah portion. Terumah is a word with no real English equivalent. In the Torah, terumah refers to a certain type of offering dedicated to the Temple, like a tithe or firstfruits offering. In Exodus 25, the contribution is for the building of a holy place. This Torah reading is occupied with the instructions for the building of the Tabernacle and its furnishings.
Torah Portions Schedule
Download or Order our free Torah Portions reading schedules for 5776 (2015-16).
Download the current schedule for the remainder of 5775 (2014-5)
Online Audio Listening
The audio Bible listening services on this site is provided by Crossway Bibles Web Service. We now provide the listening service in MP3 format, and it is therefore compatible with iOS devices. If you experience any interruption in the Bible listening services, please try again later, unfortunately it is beyond the control of Torahportions.org.
Scripture quotations marked "ESV" are taken from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. Copyright ©2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved. Text provided by the Crossway Bibles Web Service.