This Week's Portion
Beshalach | בשלח | "When he sent "
- Exodus 13:17 | The Pillars of Cloud and Fire
- Exodus 14:1 | Crossing the Red Sea
- Exodus 14:26 | The Pursuers Drowned
- Exodus 15:1 | The Song of Moses
- Exodus 15:20 | The Song of Miriam
- Exodus 15:22 | Bitter Water Made Sweet
- Exodus 16:1 | Bread from Heaven
- Exodus 17:1 | Water from the Rock
- Exodus 17:8 | Amalek Attacks Israel and Is Defeated
- Jdg 4:1 | Deborah and Barak
- Jdg 5:1 | The Song of Deborah
The sixteenth reading from the Torah is named Beshalach (בשלח), which means “When he sent.” The title comes from the first verse of the reading, which can be literally translated to say, “And it happened when Pharaoh sent out the people.” The reading tells the adventures of the Israelites as they leave Egypt, cross the Red Sea, receive miraculous provision in the wilderness and face their first battle.
Torah Portions Schedule
Download or Order our free Torah Portions reading schedules for 5775 (2014-15).
Online Audio Listening
The audio Bible listening services on this site is provided by Crossway Bibles Web Service. We now provide the listening service in MP3 format, and it is therefore compatible with iOS devices. If you experience any interruption in the Bible listening services, please try again later, unfortunately it is beyond the control of Torahportions.org.
Scripture quotations marked "ESV" are taken from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. Copyright ©2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved. Text provided by the Crossway Bibles Web Service.