This Week's Portion
Emor | אמור | "Say "
- Leviticus 21:1 | The Holiness of Priests
- Leviticus 22:1 | The Use of Holy Offerings
- Leviticus 22:17 | Acceptable Offerings
- Leviticus 23:1 | Appointed Festivals
- Leviticus 23:3 | The Sabbath, Passover, and Unleavened Bread
- Leviticus 23:9 | The Offering of First Fruits
- Leviticus 23:15 | The Festival of Weeks
- Leviticus 23:23 | The Festival of Trumpets
- Leviticus 23:26 | The Day of Atonement
- Leviticus 23:33 | The Festival of Booths
- Leviticus 24:1 | The Lamp
- Leviticus 24:5 | The Bread for the Tabernacle
- Leviticus 24:10 | Blasphemy and Its Punishment
- Eze 44:15 | The Levitical Priests
The thirty-first reading from the Torah is called Emor (אמור), a title that comes from the first verse of the reading, which says, “Then the LORD said to Moses, ‘Speak (emor) to the priests, the sons of Aaron ...’” (Leviticus 21:1). Emor begins with special laws of sanctity, propriety and purity for the priesthood. Leviticus 23 provides an overview of the biblical calendar, a listing of the LORD’s appointed times.
Torah Portions Schedule
Download or Order our free Torah Portions reading schedules for 5775 (2014-15).
Online Audio Listening
The audio Bible listening services on this site is provided by Crossway Bibles Web Service. We now provide the listening service in MP3 format, and it is therefore compatible with iOS devices. If you experience any interruption in the Bible listening services, please try again later, unfortunately it is beyond the control of Torahportions.org.
Scripture quotations marked "ESV" are taken from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. Copyright ©2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved. Text provided by the Crossway Bibles Web Service.