Vayak'hel | ויקהל | "He gathered "
- Exodus 35:1 | Sabbath Regulations
- Exodus 35:4 | Preparations for Making the Tabernacle
- Exodus 35:20 | Offerings for the Tabernacle
- Exodus 35:30 | Bezalel and Oholiab
- Exodus 36:8 | Construction of the Tabernacle
- Exodus 37:1 | Making the Ark of the Covenant
- Exodus 37:10 | Making the Table for the Bread of the Presence
- Exodus 37:17 | Making the Lampstand
- Exodus 37:25 | Making the Altar of Incense
- Exodus 37:29 | Making the Anointing Oil and the Incense
- Exodus 38:1 | Making the Altar of Burnt Offering
- Exodus 38:9 | Making the Court of the Tabernacle
- 1Ki 7:13 | Products of Hiram the Bronzeworker
The twenty-second reading from the Torah and the second-to-last reading from the book of Exodus is called Vayakhel (ויקהל), which means “and he assembled.” The name comes from the first words of the first verse of the reading, which could be literally translated to read, “And Moses assembled all the congregation of the sons of Israel ...” (Exodus 35:1). This portion from the Torah describes how the assembly of Israel worked together to build the Tabernacle. In most years, synagogues read Vayakhel together with the following portion, Pekudei.
Torah Portions Schedule
Download or Order our free Torah Portions reading schedules for 5776 (2015-16).
Download the current schedule for the remainder of 5775 (2014-5)