Tetzaveh | תצוה | "You shall command "
- Exodus 27:20 | The Oil for the Lamp
- Exodus 28:1 | Vestments for the Priesthood
- Exodus 28:6 | The Ephod
- Exodus 28:15 | The Breastplate
- Exodus 28:31 | Other Priestly Vestments
- Exodus 29:1 | The Ordination of the Priests
- Exodus 29:38 | The Daily Offerings
- Exodus 30:1 | The Altar of Incense
- Eze 43:13 | The Altar
Tetzaveh is the twentieth reading from the Torah. Tetzaveh (תצוה) means “You shall command,” as in the first verse of the reading, which says, “You shall [command] the sons of Israel, that they bring you clear oil of beaten olives for the light, to make a lamp burn continually” (Exodus 27:20). This Torah portion continues to narrate the instructions for the construction of the Tabernacle, focusing particularly on the priesthood that was to serve in that sanctuary. The Israelites are commanded to make special garments for Aaron and his sons to wear while ministering as priests. After describing the priestly garments, the portion concludes with instructions for the ritual inauguration of Aaron and his sons into the priesthood.
Torah Portions Schedule
Download or Order our free Torah Portions reading schedules for 5776 (2015-16).
Download the current schedule for the remainder of 5775 (2014-5)