Pinchas | פנחס | "Phinehas "
- Numbers 25:10 | The Zeal of Phinehas
- Numbers 26:1 | A Census of the New Generation
- Numbers 27:1 | The Daughters of Zelophehad
- Numbers 27:12 | Joshua Appointed Moses' Successor
- Numbers 28:1 | Daily Offerings
- Numbers 28:9 | Sabbath Offerings
- Numbers 28:11 | Monthly Offerings
- Numbers 28:16 | Offerings at Passover
- Numbers 28:26 | Offerings at the Festival of Weeks
- Numbers 29:1 | Offerings at the Festival of Trumpets
- Numbers 29:7 | Offerings on the Day of Atonement
- Numbers 29:12 | Offerings at the Festival of Booths
- 1Ki 18:41 | The Drought Ends
- 1Ki 19:1 | Elijah Flees from Jezebel
- 1Ki 19:11 | Elijah Meets God at Horeb
- 1Ki 19:19 | Elisha Becomes Elijah's Disciple
Pinchas (פנחס) is the Hebrew name translated in English Bibles as Phinehas. It is also the name of the forty-first reading from the Torah because of the second verse of the reading, which says, “Phinehas the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, has turned away My wrath” (Numbers 25:11). In this Torah portion, the LORD makes a covenant of peace with Phinehas and his descendants, orders a second census, settles questions about inheritance, appoints Joshua to succeed Moses and lists the sacrifices for the appointed times.
Torah Portions Schedule
Download or Order our free Torah Portions reading schedules for 5775 (2014-15).