This website is not suitable for mobile devices.
Listen to Torah Portions at our new responsive website
Pekudei | פקודי | "Countings "
- Exodus 38:21 | Materials of the Tabernacle
- Exodus 39:1 | Making the Vestments for the Priesthood
- Exodus 39:32 | The Work Completed
- Exodus 40:1 | The Tabernacle Erected and Its Equipment Installed
- Exodus 40:34 | The Cloud and the Glory
- 1Ki 7:13 | Products of Hiram the Bronzeworker
The twenty-third reading from the Torah and last reading from the book of Exodus is called Pekudei (פקודי), which means “Accounts.” The first words of the first verse of the reading could be literally translated to read, “These are the accounts (pekudei) of the Tabernacle” (Exodus 38:21). The last reading from Exodus begins with an audit of how the contributions for the Tabernacle were used. The portion goes on to describe the completion of the Tabernacle and its assembly and concludes by depicting the glory of the LORD entering it. In most years, synagogues read Pekudei together with the previous portion, Vayakhel; therefore, the comments on this week’s reading will be brief.