Lech Lecha | לך לך | "Go forth "
- Genesis 12:1 | The Call of Abram
- Genesis 12:10 | Abram and Sarai in Egypt
- Genesis 13:1 | Abram and Lot Separate
- Genesis 14:1 | Lot's Captivity and Rescue
- Genesis 14:17 | Abram Blessed by Melchizedek
- Genesis 15:1 | God's Covenant with Abram
- Genesis 16:1 | The Birth of Ishmael
- Genesis 17:1 | The Sign of the Covenant
- Isaiah 40:1 | God's People Are Comforted
- Isaiah 41:1 | Israel Assured of God's Help
The third reading from the book of Genesis is named Lech Lecha (לך לך). It means “go forth.” The first verse says, “Now the LORD said to Abram, ‘Go forth (lech lecha לך לך) from your country.’” Section Lech Lecha introduces Abraham and tells the story of his pilgrimage in pursuit of God.
Torah Portions Schedule
Download or Order our free Torah Portions reading schedules for 5776 (2015-16).
Download the current schedule for the remainder of 5775 (2014-5)