Emor | אמור | "Say "
- Leviticus 21:1 | The Holiness of Priests
- Leviticus 22:1 | The Use of Holy Offerings
- Leviticus 22:17 | Acceptable Offerings
- Leviticus 23:1 | Appointed Festivals
- Leviticus 23:3 | The Sabbath, Passover, and Unleavened Bread
- Leviticus 23:9 | The Offering of First Fruits
- Leviticus 23:15 | The Festival of Weeks
- Leviticus 23:23 | The Festival of Trumpets
- Leviticus 23:26 | The Day of Atonement
- Leviticus 23:33 | The Festival of Booths
- Leviticus 24:1 | The Lamp
- Leviticus 24:5 | The Bread for the Tabernacle
- Leviticus 24:10 | Blasphemy and Its Punishment
- Eze 44:15 | The Levitical Priests
The thirty-first reading from the Torah is called Emor (אמור), a title that comes from the first verse of the reading, which says, “Then the LORD said to Moses, ‘Speak (emor) to the priests, the sons of Aaron ...’” (Leviticus 21:1). Emor begins with special laws of sanctity, propriety and purity for the priesthood. Leviticus 23 provides an overview of the biblical calendar, a listing of the LORD’s appointed times.
Torah Portions Schedule
Download or Order our free Torah Portions reading schedules for 5776 (2015-16).
Download the current schedule for the remainder of 5775 (2014-5)