Beshalach | בשלח | "When he sent "
- Exodus 13:17 | The Pillars of Cloud and Fire
- Exodus 14:1 | Crossing the Red Sea
- Exodus 14:26 | The Pursuers Drowned
- Exodus 15:1 | The Song of Moses
- Exodus 15:20 | The Song of Miriam
- Exodus 15:22 | Bitter Water Made Sweet
- Exodus 16:1 | Bread from Heaven
- Exodus 17:1 | Water from the Rock
- Exodus 17:8 | Amalek Attacks Israel and Is Defeated
- Jdg 4:1 | Deborah and Barak
- Jdg 5:1 | The Song of Deborah
The sixteenth reading from the Torah is named Beshalach (בשלח), which means “When he sent.” The title comes from the first verse of the reading, which can be literally translated to say, “And it happened when Pharaoh sent out the people.” The reading tells the adventures of the Israelites as they leave Egypt, cross the Red Sea, receive miraculous provision in the wilderness and face their first battle.
Torah Portions Schedule
Download or Order our free Torah Portions reading schedules for 5776 (2015-16).
Download the current schedule for the remainder of 5775 (2014-5)